Why Pet Photography?

Friday, December 24, 2010

Giving Back

Recently on my facebook page I asked people to suggest a rescue that was deserving of a donation this year.  I had several suggestions but one stood out to me.  Anita Elias suggested I donate to Mayday Pit Bull Rescue.  This was what Anita had to say:
Amy, I am partial to Mayday pitbull rescue because they take in the pits that have severe problems that most rescues would turn away. I have seen several dogs they have taken in that were severely neglected or abused who other rescues just don't want. They have done a great job with finding home for these hard to place dogs. I am partial to pits of course but these guys really touched me.

As many of you know I am huge football fan and the story about the Vick Pit Bull's has really touched me.  I am the first to say people deserve a second chance and I was impressed recently when Michael Vick was honest with a child that asked him if had not been caught and punished would he still be fighting dogs and Vick honestly replied that he thought he would be.  Maybe Vick has learned a lesson, it took a lot to admit that; then again if he said no would anybody believe him?  Still the dogs that he had control over tell the story and it is a very sad one coming from a breed that normally stands and walks with such a grand presence.  Those dogs will probably never fully recover and the sad fact is that many more are treated as badly if not worse and they don't have coverage on the news.  They have everyday average people that are responsible for their fear and we hardly ever hear their stories..hopefully a small donation will help a bit.  Thanks Anita for mentioning the Mayday Pit Bull Rescue to me!  A donation of $250 will be made to Mayday Pit Bull Rescue.

This is Anita's Pit Bull Zack.

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Amy! and Zack is a beautiful dog, which you have shown with a great picture.

    ReplyDelete